We’re so excited to be introducing, for the first time, as part of our Days of Pink outreach festival, the Rainbow Solidarity Award.
The Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife has only been able to accomplish so much with the support of so many incredible people around Yellowknife. We want to say thank you to those people, and recognize them on an annual basis. Our Days of Pink Organizing Committee created this award with the hopes that our community would nominate individuals they felt were making an active difference in the lives of LGBTQ+ young people.
This Award will be presented at the Days of Pink Gala taking place on April 15th 2017 at the Explorer Hotel.
Take a look at the criteria and eligibility below, and see if you would like to nominate somebody!
- A person who is visibly involved in queer and trans communities
- A person who is active in support through attending events publicly or supporting organizations publicly
- A person who invests in LGBTQ+ inclusive education and safe(r) spaces
- A person who embodies the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife’s mandate
- A person who advocates for queer and trans inclusion
- A person who discusses queer and trans inclusion with their peers
- Must be living in Yellowknife
- Not a board member or employee of the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife
- Not a former board member or employee of the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife (within the past year)
How to Nominate:
Our Selections Committee for the successful award recipient is made up of five queer and trans teenagers who are passionate about LGBTQ+ inclusion and safe(r) spaces.
This Committee is chaired by Delilah Hashi, one of our youth Days of Pink Organizing Committee members. Delilah is actively involved in her community in a number of ways, including being the President of the Student Council at Sir John Franklin High School.
The Committee will meet the week of March 27th to discuss the possible candidates and will make a final recommendation to the Board of Directors who will approve the recommendation. The successful candidate will be notified the week of April 3rd, prior to the Days of Pink festival that takes place from April 9th to 15th 2017.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact us over email here.