Responsible to: President, Board of Directors
Term: Contract, 10 months
Compensation: $35,000 – $37,500 (Based on experience)
Competition Closes: April 30th 2017 at 11:59pm
The Board of Directors of the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife are seeking an individual who has a passion for working with LGBTQ+ youth and their allies. The Executive Director of the Rainbow Coalition is responsible for pursuing the major goals and objectives for the organization as established by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing program facilitation and the daily operation of the Rainbow Youth Centre. They are expected to find and secure any needed funding for the Coalition’s operations.
In order to aid in the selection of a successful candidate, a written exam may be administered to those who pass preliminary screening.
- Personal, lived understanding of LGBTQ+ identity
- Knowledge of LGBTQ+, queer and trans theory
- Knowledge of intersectionality and concepts such as marginalization and oppression
- Understanding of the history of colonialism and white settlerism in the Northwest Territories and Canada
- Education or experience in social services, child and youth work, health care or education considered an asset
- Experience in managing a non-profit society is considered an asset
- Experience working in youth-centred spaces or organizations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with bookkeeping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to engage with and interact with youth in a positive, empowering way
- Committed to upholding the Rainbow Centre’s activism in ending or working to end heterosexism, cissexism, monosexism, homophobia, transphobia, and biphobia
- Ability to provide a criminal record check with Vulnerable Screening Sector (VSS)
The Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife is an organization governed by mostly youth, and therefore are prioritizing hiring people who our organization recognizes as youth (people under the age of 30).
The Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife supports an affirmative action hiring process for people who have lived with marginalized identities. In your application, please include any information you wish to share about your own lived experience of any of the following:
- Queer or trans identity
- Indigenous: First Nations, Metis or Inuit
- Mental Health
- Womanhood, or femininity
- Being a part of a religious minority
- Fatphobia and sizeism
- Domestic or intimate partner violence
Please forward a resume and cover letter, including three professional or academic references to email@example.com to the attention of the HR Committee.